ICAgile Project And Delivery Management (ICP-APM) is one of two knowledge-based certifications on the Delivery Management track. This certification focuses on core components of agile project management as distinct from traditional project management, and on equipping course participants with strategies and techniques for successful Lean and Agile project implementation. A servant leadership mindset and approach is critical to empowering agile teams to produce great results. Students will practice the role of agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices towards achieving desired outcomes. This certification also takes a much more in-depth look at the fundamental agile concepts of adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery in dynamic and sometimes highly constrained environments. In addition, the learning outcomes address agile approaches to standard project management processes such as metrics, reporting, and contract management.
- Agile refresh
- Impact on Management
- Optimising the System
- Navigating Governance and Contracts
- Empowering High Performance
- Structuring for Rapid Feedback
- Identifying and Communicating Value
- Defining Successful Delivery
- Leveraging Constraints
- Adaptive Planning
- Monitoring and Communicating Progress
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Relate the differences between traditional and Agile approaches to project management and illustrate why Agile approaches are more applicable in uncertain environments
- Appraise a project context and identify the various factors that need to be addressed to enable Agile delivery in the specific context
- Develop appropriate metrics to improve the performance of an Agile project and illustrate how these can be communicated within and beyond the team
- Explain the value of fostering an environment of collaboration, trust, learning and self-organization and design a team formation activity to create such an environment
- Apply value management techniques, taking into account multiple stakeholder perspectives and constraints and explain how continuous feedback increases value realization
- Collaborate to produce multiple-horizon plans and estimates for real-world and hypothetical examples
- Identify the different stakeholders in a project environment and apply techniques to ensure they are engaged continuously throughout project delivery
This course is ideal for traditional Project Managers who are making the transition to agile environments or agile team members interested in taking on servant leadership roles are the primary audience for this certification.
Relevant roles include:
- Project Managers,
- Business Analysts,
- Product Managers
- or other team members interested in Agile Project Management.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- An understanding of project management
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
This course will not require any pre-course preparation.
Certifying Bodies & Exams
This course aligns with the ICAgile’s Delivery Management Track. Successful completion of this course and demonstrating the required learning outcomes will enable you to gain ICP-APM Certification.
What You Receive
Two-days high quality instruction from one of our experienced ICAgile accredited trainers. Also included are:
- Course Materials
- ICAgile certification
- Radtac Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
Scrum Education Units (SEUs) & PMI Professional Development Units (PDUS)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards their CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) through the Scrum Alliance and PDUs towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Select a specific course to view the address.
Course duration -